Monday, January 9, 2012

gorgeous days!

Sorry I have been MIA the last few days, It has been gorgeous outside!! We have been hiking and I went riding! We had friends over for dinner and I made supper and we played indoor mini golf what a blast!
Tim and I are trying to figure out a way we can do ALL our grocery shopping local! It is tough and there are some things you CANT get bananas, sugar (we do use alternatives for most things), yeast, stuff like that! So we decided to do it in steps! As far as veggies go we only eat local and the ones we get straight from the farm which this time of year here in Cali means lots of dark greens, it has been a challenge finding fun ways to prepare them :) Fruit we only do bananas and apples this season, one is local one isn't I guess thats life :) Our next one we are going to attempt to find local is grains, mostly flour and oats! I make mostly everything from scratch (crackers, bagels, bread, granola all sweets etc) The next one we need to figure out is an affordable way to make almond milk and tofu to bake with I have a recipe but it is expensive!
Well anyway my mom comes tomorrow and I am SOOOOOOOO excited and not sure how often I will get on so I may not post until after the 17th!

3 comments:

  1. I bet making almond milk would be super expensive! Wow. Have fun with your Mom! I'm sure she'll just visiting with you and taking in all the Nova she can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband drinks Almond Milk and loves it but it is pricey to buy so I can't imagine! Be grateful for the local veg you have though, here in MI there aren't any veggies grown locally at this time! It's soo cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness i didnt even think of these challenges... maybe you could bend a little on the almond milk too? i mean since youre already doing the world a service by being vegan :)

    ReplyDelete