Wednesday, January 4, 2012

disaster

So this blog post in completely unrelated to our goals!
Yesterday Tim and I took Nova and the dogs for a hike and to get a few geocaches at Huckleberry hill. It was just a couple mile easy hike. We left around 2 and hiked and only found one geocache so we were a bit frustrated anyway. We get back to the car and look for the keys and they are not in the bag! Which means they are somewhere on the trail. So Nova and I sit and play while Tim runs back to the place where we changed Nova thinking that is when they fell out but nope not there. So he runs all the way back to tell me we need to re walk our whole path. So he wraps Nova and I take the dogs and we go opposite ways and meet up and nothing. By this point we are hungry and it is 4 or so and starting to get dark. We only brought one diaper in the backpack with us as it was only supposed to be a short hike and her sweater was also in the car. So we walk everywhere we went and it is nowhere. The place we parked closes at dark and it is too cold for Nova. So we are sitting at the car trying to think what to do next! Then a woman comes and I asked her to give me a ride to our house. Nova had eaten about an hour before and wasn't hungry so I leave Tim, Nova (no carseat) and the dogs, I take off my sweater to wrap her in and off I go. The sweet lady takes me home and of course there is traffic, I finally get back and go to my neighbors and call our landlord and they put in a work order and said they were unsure of when a maintenance man would get there. So my friend gives me a ride to get Tim and he says he walked down to the park office and there was a note saying the keys were at the police station. So she gives us a ride there and we get our keys then go back and get our car. While I was gone though Tim set up his hammock and wrapped Nova in my sweatshirt and his flannel and he said she had a meltdown of Epic proportions so imagine how it looked a guy in a hammock in the park after dark with a screaming baby! I feel so bad she was probably scared and hungry and poor tim! Then we finally get our car and decide on the way home to go to Chipotle as most of the ingredients are local and fresh and we can get them vegan. While we are there Tim realizes we forgot the water bottle and we had to drive all the way back to get it. When we finally get home we realize we had accidentally left the stove on low from lunch!
Oh man what a day I believe nearly everything went wrong! We are all fine though and today has been a better new day :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a day. It seems like when something major goes wrong the rest of the day always follows suit!

    ReplyDelete